We understand that for some suppliers selling on a wholesale marketplace is different concept and a tedious task. We are here to help with your on-boarding to make it simple and fast and less tiresome. Most suppliers, once set up, won’t need to bother with anything else, other than fulfilling orders. However, if you come up with new designs, you will need to add those to your marketplace store.
- Fill out the short registration
- Once you register, you are automatically placed into our Free Vendor Plan. In this plan, there are no monthly fees. You will only pay a 10% commission of each sales order. (You can always upgrade to another plan with a lower commission.)
Every vendor who would like to sell on Merchantshowroom.com must be verified. We verify both the person and the company. All verification takes place on your Vendor Dashboard under the Verification menu item.
- Upload your Drivers License or Personal ID card, whichever you have received in your own country.
- Add your valid cell phone number
- If you have a LinkedIn profile, connect it to your account. This is again, only for verification purposes
- If you are an established company, we also need you to upload 2 recent orders you have received from wholesale buyers. The order must show your company information and the buyer’s company information, the products being sold and the prices. Both need to within the last 3 months. Previous orders are not required. If we don't receive previous invoices, your company will be listed as a 'new company'
- Upload a bank statement or written letter from your bank that shows both your company name and your own personal name. We do not require the entire statement. The top portion is enough that shows the company name and the person's name on the account and the bank's name. This is for us to make sure that you are indeed the person in charge of the company and have a real business bank account.
If we are unable to approve your account, we will contact you.
Setting Up Your Store
Setting up your store will take a few steps. You will need to add the following information about your company. These will show to buyers at the store front:
- Add your logo
- Add company description
- Supply volume
- Number of employees
- Annual Revenue
- Store minimum order
- Lead time
- If OEM/Private Label is available
- If dropship is available
- Refund Policy
- Shipping Policy
You will need to add products to your store. You have the option to add the products individually or import them from an excel file. We can also help you import your products from an excel file. If you decide to upload the products yourself, you will not be able to upload the product images. You will need to add images later to the uploaded products.
If you would like us to help you upload your catalog and product images, please let us know by sending us an email from your Vendor Dashboard, under the Support menu link. We have created a separate article about preparing your products for product upload. Using an excel sheet, your products can be set up in a day.
Before your product is listed on the marketplace, it will need to be approved. We will be notified once you have created your products and we will check each product to see if they meet our guidelines. Your products will be either approved, or you will receive an email about the reason for rejection. Please keep in mind that quality images are required for a product to be approved to show on the marketplace. We do not require any special backgrounds. We actually would like to encourage you to offer product images that are creative and unique. Always remember, that buyers will not be able to see the product in person, or touch it and feel it. The photo must be good enough for them to have an idea about what they can expect when they receive the product. This is why description and images are very important.